I am a biomedical scientist who loves to read and write. I also like outdoorsy stuff (camping, hiking, bike riding, etc.), travel, keeping up-to-date on current events, and just generally thinking. I have two cats. I am a miserable athlete, but I try anyway--right now I'm training for a triathlon.
I am a discussion leader for the American Christian Fiction Writers Association, anybody is welcome to join in the discussions...you don't have to be an author. But this is a great way to be introduced to new Christian Fiction authors as many of them participate in their book discussions.
I participate in the Sunday Salon group over on Facebook. They're a great group of blogger/readers who like to share what they've been reading on a weekly basis. I've met some great people over there.
I love to participate in reading challenges (listed in my challenges tab), and I plan to host an annual Social Justice theme read every February, and a World Fantasy Awards shadow jury at the end of the year.
Most of the ARCs I read are through Netgalley. This year I participated in the Netgalley Wellness Challenge, to increase the quality of my Netgalley reviews.
If you'd like to contact me about my blog, you can do so at roachcutie at gmail dot com. :D Follow me on Twitter @FutileResistanc
I love to accept books for review, but I have only a limited amount of time. I cannot accept everyone's books, so I generally follow the criteria below when accepting/requesting ARCs.
- My favorite genres are adventure, fantasy, science fiction, suspense, and Christian Fiction.
- I am more likely to accept YA books because they are lighter and faster - but I will consider adult books if I am specifically interested in the author or if they are light and fluffy.
- I do NOT accept non-fiction at this time.
- I do NOT accept independently published books at this time.
- I do NOT accept books that aren't the first in a series, unless I have already read the earlier books. You can check what books I've read recently in my books by author tab.
I review every book that I finish, but if I am disliking a book I won't finish it and will not review it. My reviews will be honest. Though I do try to be kind and respectful to the authors, I will mention that a book wasn't for me if I didn't enjoy it. I try to focus on the positive in my reviews. :) My reviews will be cross-posted on Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, and (my personal favorite) LibraryThing.